Words are the most powerful force in the world today. Words have the ability to alter moments, create memories, and change an individual’s sense of purpose. It is through words that relationships are built, lives are created, and dreams are achieved. Quotations capture the essence of meaning that is portrayed by words. The following are the top five quotes to live by whether it is the ability to learn from the past and then let it go, the knowledge that is obtained with time, or the ability to adapt and overcome situations; quotations provide profound wisdom passed down throughout history. It is through this wisdom that futures can be altered, lessons can be learned, and traditions can be established. Various life experiences can serve as turning points in the overall journey to ones future. Quotes can serve as guiding factors and provide advice for life’s challenges and obstacles.
1. May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been, the foresight to know where you are going, and the insight to know when you have gone too far.
2. A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honor.
3. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
-William Jennings Bryan
4. If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present.
5. A life making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.
– George Bernard Shaw
The above quotes span the globe in origin; however, the principles established and presented by them all share a common theme. They all establish words to live by and principles to be followed. By trying to incorporate the wisdom provided in these quotes into life, the right values and principles can be instilled into both individuals and the way life is lived.