Mothers are the most responsible and loving people on earth. They protect their children beyond imagination. As a would-be-mother, you also have some responsibility to protect yourself by following some tips. Motherhood is a happy phase that you reach after a lot of effort, patience and time. Take some easy precautions in pregnancy to avoid complications.
1. First of all, exercise regularly. A lot of us are concerned about putting on weight. There are some easy exercises for pregnant women. Learn them from your doctor and adhere to the fitness routine. The simple exercises also facilitate child-birth in due course. You may feel a lot of itching sensation, try to avoid as they leave marks (like stretch marks) if you scratch too often. Rub gently.
2. Go for regular check-ups. Even if you feel that everything is ok, take doctor’s help and advice every now and then. The body undergoes various changes in nine months and you should be ready to handle them. Some women have a lot of movements and others have less. That tells a lot about your baby’s or babies’ (twins or triplets) condition whether it’s normal or not.
3. Eat well. Follow the diet instructions given by doctors. Eat fruits, nuts, milk products, vegetables, soy and whatever you want (as allowed by doctor) for healthy baby. Your nutrients are not yours alone. They are shared by your baby. Eat well. Eat more. Don’t take junk food, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, nicotine, drugs etc. They are harmful for you and baby.
4. Enjoy yourself. Go and sit in parks with your husband. Watch fun and comedy movies. Spend time with other kids. That creates an environment for you to learn about and handle your kids.
5. Sleep well. The baby grows and makes a lot of health progress if you sleep well. All proteins and vitamins are absorbed well by the baby during your sleep. A lot of pregnancy pains are reduced in sleep.
Remember that you are living as two during pregnancy. Your health is as important as your baby’s.