If there were ever a musician that can reach into the lost or confused soul, it would be Pink. Her music reaches into your soul and tells you nothing is as bad as it seems. There is always a light with which to pick yourself up. Here are my five top picks from Pink and what I get out of them.
- Just Give Me a Reason – It speaks to me as a broken love that is only as bad as you choose it to be. There is a way to make it better if you speak to the one that you have given your love to. With communication, you can keep it together. While his point of view may be that everything is great, allowing your voice to be understood and make it all great to yourself as well.
- Perfect – Life is a struggle, there’s no doubt about that. Rather than letting it keep you down, you can bring yourself up from the dirty ashes of life by remaining committed to what you want to be. Don’t let others dictate what you are; their opinions don’t matter in the end. Always encourage others to see the good in themselves, you of all people know what it’s like to be in that position, let them know they are perfect.
- Glitter in the Air– Life, love and honor come from within your heart. If there is ever a time when you cannot see or believe it then you can ask yourself all the questions that you seek answers to. The style, beauty and grace come from within, a place that no one else see.
- Most Girls – You don’t need a love that is less than you. If you seek love that can support you understand that love isn’t a real love. Money doesn’t and can’t replace the real love you seek. Stand up and find yourself a means to do for yourself before you just settle for something that just isn’t you.
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) – Don’t hold on to someone just so you are not alone. Accept that holding on for the sake of not having someone just isn’t worth the sacrifices you have to make. Let that “someone” who has taken advantage of you know that you are gone as one can get.
Pink takes your heart and soul to places only you know you have been. Her music and style speak to your heart. She takes you into her life and choices to let you know that nothing is worth the pain you have had or that you have.