This is my recipe for pecan bacon brownies. My nephew had this idea to add bacon to me pecan brownies. I was totally disgusted by the idea but he told me that people put bacon on everything. He came up with some good ideas before, so I went along with it. I am so glad I did because I really ended up liking this brownie. It didn’t make sense until I tired it. I hope you will also try this recipe and enjoy it as well. Happy eating!
- 1 cup of pecans
- 3 tablespoons of fat reserved from baking the pecans
- 1/2 pound of sliced bacon
- 10 ounces of chopped up chocolate
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking pan with a non stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- Place your 1 cup of pecans on a baking sheet and toast in your oven for 8 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Remove pecans from oven and drain on a paper towel and let cool.
- Save 3 tablespoons of the fat from the pecans and set aside.
- Take your 1/2 pound of bacon the chopped it up into tiny pieces and set aside.
- In a frying pan over low heat, combine your 10 ounces of chopped up chocolate with your 1 stick of butter.
- Heat until all of the chocolate has melted. Place this mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine your 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar and the 3 tablespoons of fat. Mix for 1 minute.
- Add in the 4 egg whites and 1 teaspoon of salt. Beat for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Mix in the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and the 1 1/2 cup of flour and beat for 4 minutes or until well blended.
- Place your batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle your pecans and bacon pieces on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the brownies are set around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy.