This recipe for peanut butter apples is really easy to make. There’s no oven or stove top used to make this recipe, just your microwave. All the kids in my family love to come over and help me make this treat. We turn it into a big baking party. They also love to be taste testers for it too. For an extra treat for the kids, I will sometimes heat up some caramel and drizzle on top. They love it. Happy eating!
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter (or chunky, which ever you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 5 apples, peeled & sliced
- Spray a microwavable dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, packed brown sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.(Don’t use your electric mixer because you don’t want to chop up the oats, you want a little crunch to it).
- Add in creamy peanut butter and butter until mixture turns into crumbs. (It’s best to use a fork when doing this, everything will get stuck in the beaters of your mixer and its just a pain, trust me.)
- Place your peeled and sliced apples in your prepared dish.(Spread evenly so everyone is happy with the amount of apples they get.)
- Top with your oat mixture.(Make sure to also spread evenly).
- Cook for 15 minutes in your microwave.
- I prefer to service it warm, but it’s just as good cold too. (You can always try it both ways!)