My husband and I love to go camping and fishing, so we usually plan most of our trips around these activities. When we go camping, we travel by car so we can take everything that we will need with us. Each year we add to our camping gear so we are not buying everything all at once. Since we are camping, we like to add survival gear.
New Vacation Places
We love to visit new places to camp and fish. So the first thing we do is to decide the general area in which we want to camp. Usually every town and state has a website. Then we use the internet to look up different places to camp in that area. Next is what they may offer as amenities in the campsite. Such as running water, type of toilets, and showers, just to name a few. This will help us to know what we will need to bring with us. The sites will usually show the overnight camping fees. Some campsites cost more than others do.
Saving for our Trips
1. We transfer money each payday into our savings account for vacations.
2. However, this year we can save additional money. My husband recently quit smoking so the money he used to buy cigarettes will go into the savings account for vacation trips.
4. The money I make as a freelance writer will go into the vacation account.
5. I download free books on my Kindle so I am not buying books to read so I save money for trips.
6. We cancelled our cable so this extra money we have each month to spend on trips.
7. We do not eat out a lot or spend money on going out so that we can have that extra money for trips.
There are so many reasons we love to camp. Just being outdoors is peaceful and calming. We save money by not paying for eating out and hotels rooms when we camp. Taking our own firewood and food means the only money we are spending is on gas and the overnight camping fees. We camp by tent so if we wanted to go exploring we just jump in the car. Exploring is also a good way to find new campsites and fishing holes. We cannot wait for nice weather to go camping again!