So you just landed a sales position, and you are probably wondering how to convincingly sell your product.
I can help you with this problem.
My goal is to push you to reach your full selling potential by sharing five of my personal strategies with you. These five techniques helped me become the best seller I could be!
The company I worked for was a moving corporation that offered to help relocate a person and their belongings to another location at a low price. My job duty was to make the calls to the potential customers, and attempt to book a reservation. It sounds easy, right? Well, not when you are competing against other companies. However with my faith in the persuasive power of words, I knew it was possible to beat these other companies.
The following five tips are ones I highly recommend for any sales associate:
- 1. Believe in your sales product. When a salesman sells anything, he or she must express a good attitude in whatever they are offering. Bad attitudes can especially affect the relationship you are trying to develop with the customer. Customers are less willing to buy when they sense a negative attitude in the seller about his or her product being sold. To summarize this tip, just be passionate and very knowledgeable about whatever it is you are selling.
- 2. Gain the customer’s trust. Be very careful with the wording of your sentences. Make sure your customers can develop a sense of trust in you. For instance, in the moving industry, I would help customers by telling them ways they could save money, and kept reiterating the fact that I was truly trying to save them money. It also helps to provide mathematical proof of how you are helping them save.
- 3. No means Next! Every sales person must quickly realize the majority of customers will not be interested in your service. Therefore, the last thing you want to do is become discouraged about being denied. Instead of letting a rejection disappoint you, let it encourage you to keep trying.
- 4. Observe your selling peers! In my office, we kept tallies of all the reservations made by each individual seller. At the end of the month, the top seller with the most tallies would receive a small bonus on their check. While providing me with an incentive to win this small bonus, it also allowed me to locate and observe the top seller in the industry. From there on, he became a mentor to me, instilling some of his selling methods into me.
- 5. Be confident, but not arrogant! This is my last tip, but probably the most important. Confidence attracts people! You displaying confidence in your product and especially in your social skills can make buyers feel an attraction to you beyond only the business side of it. Of course the attraction must remain professional, but it will help further solidify their trust in you as a seller since they were able to connect with you on a personal level. Confidence will also come as you gain more knowledge about the product you are selling.
Thank you for reading my five tips on becoming a successful salesperson. I hope they can help you as much as they helped me!