Online dating began for me as a less stressful way to approach women. I have looked hopeless and lost in the grocery store hundreds of times. No cute girl has ever came rushing to my aid. I eventually took the plunge and went for this alternative method of meeting women.
I have had some fantastic dates, and some not so much. One date even left me mid-date for a group of guys at the other end of the bar.
These ups and downs have definitely taught me a few things over the years.
Online Dating Tips for Men
1. Stick to the free websites. It just doesn’t make any sense to pay to meet people. There are millions of girls on the websites like PlentyofFish.
2. Have fun with your profile. I used to put on my about me something like this. ” My delivery doctor was the first person in my life to start calling me Mr. Awesome. I proceeded to be amazing at everything, etc, etc, etc.” It gets some sort of response.
3. Copy! Paste! Go!! We all know the rules on putting a picture on there with all of your clothes on. Now, it is time to cast your opening message. The best advice I can give you actually is not put too much time in it. I Just make one generic message like: “Interesting profile. It looks like we have a few things in common. Care to continue?” Then, I hit copy and paste, and repeat.
4. Change your profile picture every three days. It is a little bit shameful to admit I know this expert info. I figured I could still help you out. If you change your profile picture, your profile automatically gets put towards the front on search results since this is considered new action. It increased the chances girls will find you.
5. Be overly honest “I’m actually really awkward and nervous when I meet a stranger.” This was surprising response I have when asked about why I chose online dating.
Girls have caught up with the The Pickup Artist. They are watching for fake lines and insincerity. Use that to your advantage. Just be completely honest.
6. No Expectations. Your first meeting can be very exciting. You still have no idea what kind of girl this is. I find it best to just go into the evening with absolutely no expectations of her appearance, personality, the venue, etc.
What’s the best online dating tip you ever received?