1) are 100% polite. Through the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the beautiful, the ugly, even the blah days, their ability to wear their hearts on their sleeves prevails.
2) are respectful to women and the elderly. Ever went to a grocery store and witness a young man helping an elderly man or woman with their grocery bags, open a door for a woman, or give up their seat to a woman who is pregnant?
3) offer to help. Even if you did not expect or ask, they are still present with open arms.
4) are greatly appreciated. Ever heard a young teen boy say how he is greatly appreciated for the work he does to reach out to others? Commend him and let him know that he is doing a good deed.
5) are sometimes shy.Do not always assume that just because a guy is nice that he is not shy. Most guys who are said to be the nicest indeed are shy. So, be prepared to reach out and express what is in your heart.
6) know the difference between laughter and sadness. Sometimes, it seems as though laughter is mistaken for crying and crying is mistaken for laughter. However, it takes a real individual to realize that laughing and crying are two different emotions.
7) take care of their children. No matter what situation arises, the needs of children are first. Everything else comes secondary.
8) are wary of outsiders. Even the most nicest of the nice are skeptical of the motives of outside people. Be prepared to prove that you are indeed a caring person through your actions. Words alone do not work.
9) strive for success. Whether in the classroom, on the basketball court, on the football field, they want to give 100% of their all to any activity they are involved in.
10) vow to become excellent role models within their communities. Where are the good leaders when you need them?
11) know the difference between “yes” and “no.” “Yes” means “yes.” “No” means “no,” not the other way around.