A few years ago I would have laughed at the idea of a southern lady named NeNe Leakes becoming one of the most well-paid stars on reality TV. However, after finding out she re-worked a deal with the Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA) for more than a million dollars, I got serious. What did she know that other women don’t about how to do business? After much thought, I figured it out.
- NeNe demands what she’s worth. In life, women often accept less than their true value in relationships, especially work. Ignorance or fear of being referred to as a ‘b’ holds the average gal back. Unfortunately, I have struggled with this issue myself. The nice church girl inside of me doesn’t want to come across as ‘too aggressive’ or ‘greedy’ when making money deals. BIG MISTAKE! Fortunately, NeNe doesn’t have this issue. Considering that she has long been the main character viewers watch RHOA for it makes sense that she would earn a great salary. This diva also has the most seniority, which should account for something.
- NeNe capitalizes on what she’s good at. If you’re like a lot of Janes, you spend way-y-y too much time worrying about what’s wrong with you. Your thighs are too fat. You laugh too loudly. You don’t learn as fast as others. Unfortunately, this mindset only holds you back. Most career and life experts would advise you to focus more on what’s right about you. By playing towards your strengths, you increase your chances of building up a hefty bank account and being more successful in general. This truth seems to be one that NeNe prescribes to. Regardless of the show or season, she continues to give her fans what they love. Her blond hair, sassy attitude and tendency to fly off the handle are her brand. Like it or not – this behavior is what keeps this reality stars career alive and she obviously knows it.
- NeNe isn’t afraid to put up a good fight. Cast members have come and gone from RHOA for various reasons from not getting along with the producers to just plain getting fired. Yet, NeNe stands strong. A lot of this has to do with her ability to fight and recoup to fight another day. This quality is one that’s hard to develop, especially if you’re overly sensitive. I have to admit that this is what I like the most about her. Even when wrong, she doesn’t back down from a battle. She supports herself even when no one has her back.
In conclusion, regardless of what you think about her behavior on RHOA, you have to admit that NeNe Leakes shows women how to do business well. Long after fans get weary of seeing her on RHOA, she’ll have money in the bank and a career in show biz. Her efforts clearly are paying off and, as a result, are worth thinking about and possibly incorporating into your own career.
- NeNe Leakes Demands Raise from Bravo’s Real Housewives of Atlanta
- NeNe Leakes Gets a Massive Raise