Every lady loves the look of a gorgeous gel manicure. These manicures are extremely chip-resistant and offer a much more vibrant color when compared to the typical manicure because it is set with a powerful UV light to make it durable and colorful. In most cases, women can sport a fabulous gel manicure for up to three weeks before they even slightly chip.
While gel manicures are amazing, removing them can be rather difficult. Sitting around trying to peel them off can cause a lot of damage to your nails. Most women take a trip back to the salon to remove their their gel manicure but this is both time-consuming and expensive. For your delight, here is how to remove gel nail polish, right in the comfort of your home!
Supplies Needed to Remove Gel Nail Polish:
- A sheet of tin foil
- Cotton balls
- Nail buffer
- Orange stick
How to Remove Gel Nail Polish:
1. Begin by placing a protective surface on the area that you plan on using because acetone is a powerful solvent that can damage many materials.
2. Tear your sheet of aluminum foil into small strips that will fit around your nails.
3. Buff the surface of each of your nails. Doing this will allow the acetone to penetrate below the finishing coat of the gel polish so it is easier to remove.
4. Pour some acetone into a small bowl and soak the cotton balls in the bowl.
5. Place the acetone-soaked cotton balls directly onto your nail and wrap them in aluminum foil. This will produce heat to help remove the gel polish.
6. Let your nails be wrapped in the tin foil for at least 7 minutes before gently removing it. Finish the process by using the orange stick to scrape away any leftover polish.
This is the easiest and most effective way to remove gel nail polish at home without damaging your nails. Many other methods are harmful and difficult, but this provides salon-quality results without the high-price or the hassle of booking a nail appointment.