I lost my father to complications from having two devastating strokes. His brother also died from a fatal stroke a few years before my father passed. My mothers father also suffered from a debilitating stroke. I never thought I had any family risk since they were all smokers and I am not. It has been known for many decades about the devastating negative health effects of smoking on the risk of stroke and heart attack. More recently studies have proven that second hand and third hand smoke are also a serious risk. I was heavily exposed for more than thirty years. For this reason I am concerned with heart attack and stroke prevention. I have been taking resveratrol for the past year with positive results which I reported in my first article. Many studies have been completed and more are on going.
Resveratrol and Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention
- Resveratrol keeps red blood cells from sticking together too much. This stickiness leads to blood clots which can cause strokes and heart attacks
- Resveratrol increases the substances in the blood that keep blood flowing easily thus reducing hardening of the arteries, blood clots, and blood pressure
- Resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant which helps reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) in our blood
Resveratrol and Heart Attack and Stroke Treatment
- Resveratrol is a strong anti-inflammatory which helps to prevent damaged brain tissues from being attacked by the body after a heart attack or stroke
- Resveratrol helps to repair damaged arteries and promote the forming of new blood vessels after injury from a stroke
- Resveratrol helps to restore damaged brain tissue after a stroke
- Resveratrol helps to redirect blood flow to damaged parts of the brain, and reduce the severity of damage from a stroke
Heart attack and stroke are the leading causes for premature death in the western world. There are many medications and procedures for treating these diseases but not many for prevention. I believe prevention is much better than trying to treat these diseases after they become life threatening, or cause sudden death. I think that resveratrol is one of the most promising substances for prevention of heart attack and stroke. As a treatment it has no side effects, and possibly reduces the need for risky surgery. More human studies are needed. I will keep taking resveratrol.
For further reading I have published three other articles about my experience with resveratrol:
My Resveratrol Experience: Miracle Supplement or Just Hype?
My Resveratrol Experience: Miracle Supplement for Fighting Cancer?
My Resveratrol Spring Weight Loss Story
For more information on resveratrol:
How Resveratrol Combats Leading Causes of Death
RESVERATROL ON THE FOREFRONT OF STROKE PREVENTION
Decoding resveratrol – decoding good health