I love these brunch recipes and I think you will too. Give them a try!
Monkey Bread Muffins
This recipe is probably my favorite one. It is an excellent brunch and it can also be a fabulous dessert. I like this recipe a lot because they are individual muffins so no one spreads germs when eating it. This recipe takes about thirty minutes and makes six servings.
- One can of biscuits
- Two thirds cup of packed brown sugar
- One fourth cup of granulated sugar
- One fourth cup of butter
- One and a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Two teaspoons of water
- Muffin pan
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease six muffin cups.
- In the bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate the dough then cut each slice into six pieces.
- Roll each piece in the sugar cinnamon mix.
- Place eight pieces in each cup.
- In the saucepan heat the brown sugar, butter, and water to a boil. Make sure you constantly stir the mixture so it does not burn. This should take approximately two minutes. The brown sugar should be completed dissolved into the mixture.
- Keep about three tablespoons of the mixture set aside.
- Put the mixture (that is not separate) on the biscuits in the muffin cups.
- Bake the the treat for about nine to eleven minutes. The biscuits should be golden.
- Allow to cool momentarily and remove them from the pan.
- Pour the remaining mixture on the biscuits.
- Enjoy while warm!
Roasted Apple Butter
I really like this recipe because it is filling and extremely simple to make. I can also put it on whatever i’d like, bread, toast, biscuit, muffin, etc. This recipes takes about two and a half hours and makes about two cups.
- Your choice of bread, muffin, biscuit, etc.
- Eight apples
- Two cups of unsweetened apple juice
- Roasting pan
- Potato masher
- Peel, quart, and core all of your apples.
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange apples in your roasting pan.
- Pour the apple juice over top of the apples.
- Bake for approximately thirty minutes or until the apples are lightly brown.
- Mash the apples with your potato masher.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake your now mashed apples, but make sure to stir them about ever twenty minutes.
- Allow them to bake for about one and a half hours, maybe a little longer. They mashed apples should be very thick and brown.
- Once done, put the apples into a bowl and serve with your choice of bread!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites
I like this recipe because it is a nice easy brunch snack. You can serve it as a mini appetizer followed by some delicious eggs and bacon. This recipe only takes approximately ten minutes to make and serves about fifteen.
- One cup of plain oats
- One fourth cup of ground peanuts
- One fourth cup of chopped almonds
- One fourth cup of honey
- One fourth cup of ground flax seed
- One fourth cup of creamy peanut butter
- One fourth teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One eight teaspoon of cinnamon
- Two tablespoons of chia seed
- Two tablespoons of mint chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips if preferred)
- One pinch of salt
- In your bowl combine the oats, salt, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave for approximately thirty seconds.
- Stir the peanut butter then stir in the vanilla extract and honey until it is all combined.
- Once the peanut butter mixture has cooled for a few seconds pour it over the oats and mix it all together (you can use your hands).
- Add in the chocolate chips once it is all together.
- Roll the dough into balls then roll them through the ground peanuts.
- Let them chill in the fridge for a little bit until ready to serve.
Note: I get all of my brunch recipes from the Pillsbury, Yummly, and Eating Well websites. I have also bought the Pillsbury cook book.