Multiplayer online games are video games that allow users to play with other players in different places over the Internet. There are a variety of categories of online games including fighting games, sports games, and strategy video games. Here are the top 10 multiplayer online games.
1. Counterstrike is a tactical game that is almost 14 years old, and gamers around the world play it. Users begin by choosing a team or character. They then complete a series of tasks in order to win.
2. War of Warcraft is one of the most popular and well-known multiplayer online games. In the role-playing game, players enter a virtual world where they play the role of a hero who defeats monsters in order to complete missions.
3. StarCraft II is a game that is essentially divided into a series of chapters. In one of the chapters, players lead the raiders on a journey to defeat the emperor, and gamers can play the game with gamers all over the world.
4. In Team Fortress 2, players select a character and enter a battlefield. Players have a choice of nine different characters, each with their own unique abilities. The characters can be customized with different equipment.
5. Halo is another one of the most popular and well-known multiplayer online games. The science fiction games have become a phenomenon among gamers around the world, and they are compatible with many gaming consoles and platforms.
6. League of Legends is a battle arena where players control a champion. There are more than 100 champions from which to choose. Players gain levels by defeating the champions from opposing teams.
7. Defense of the Ancients is another battle arena game where the objective is to destroy your opposition’s ancient structures, and the structures are located in the far corners of a map. Players can choose from more than 100 heroes and have the options of different game modes. Defense of the Ancients is the battle arena version of Warcraft 3.
8. Heroes of Newerth is also a battle arena game. The game is very similar to Defense of the Ancients. It also has more than 100 heroes for players to choose from.
9. Grand Theft Auto is another well-known multiplayer online game. It is set in a fantasy world based upon real life cities, and gamers can play with up to 15 other players. Players take on the roles of criminals in the city and progress through the game by committing crimes.
10. Borderlands is a multiplayer online game that can be played with up to four other players. The game takes place on planet Pandora, and players’ goal is to stop an evil mastermind. It is available on a series of platforms including Windows, PS3, Xbox 360, and OS X.