I hope that you will find these recipes interesting enough to give a try. As I said they are not to complicated so you won’t spend to much time in the kitchen but you will end up with a delicious meal to sit down to and enjoy.
Chicken In Green Sauce
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 6 Ortega green chilies, diced
- 1-1/2 lbs Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Fry your chicken. Blend all of the ingredients in a separate skillet; melt the butter, mix all of the ingredients together, saute for 2-3 minutes.
Chili Rellenos Casserole
- 1 cup half ‘n half
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 C flour
- 3 (4oz) cans whole green chilies – split, rinsed and cleaned of seeds. Drain on towels
- 1/2 lb each Monterrey jack and sharp cheddar cheese, grated and mixed. Reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
Beat the first three ingredients until smooth. Make layers of chilies, cheeses and egg mixture in a 9×13″ baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hours. Sprinkle with the reserved cheese and return to the oven for about 15 minutes or until melted.
Mexican Brunch Casserole
- 2 cans (4oz each) mild whole chilies, drained
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (2-3 medium)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or spray your baking dish, 8x8x2. Remove seeds from chilies, arrange in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Beat remaining ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth; pour over the top. Bake until a knife comes out clean after being inserted in the center, or about 30-35 minutes.
Super Quick Cheese Enchiladas
- corn tortillas
- Monterrey jack cheese (chunks & shredded)
- Red or Green sauce; your choice of brand sold in stores
- Spray a 9×13″ baking dish; take a warmed tortilla and put a chunk of cheese inside; roll it up and put it into the pan. Repeat this until you fill the pan, about 8 should fit. Pour your sauce over the top and bake, about 1 hour. When cooked through, spread the shredded cheese on top and put back in the oven until melted. Let these sit for a few minutes before serving other wise you will end up with a big cheesy mess on you plate and counter top.