Maple syrup is such a sweet treat that it only makes sense to put it into a delicious sweet cupcake. I’ve always had maple donuts, which I love, but I never thought about putting it into a cupcake until recently. I’m glad I did because it was a huge success with everyone who tried them. This recipe takes only 45 minutes to make and will service 18 people. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 stick of unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans , finely chopped
- Maple butter frosting
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers.
- Combine all purpose flour, baking power, salt and ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Pour into your prepared cupcake pans about 2/3 full.
- Baker for about 20 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost with a maple butter frosting.