The internet has made it really easy to buy and sell things online. What better way to do so, when you can make money with free things. Here are some great ideas that you can start.
1. Selling old catalogs. It may be annoying to you that catalogs come in the mail when you’re not interested. However, some people are. Catalogs can feature lots of good material that people like to use. Vintage catalogs can sell for a lot online and editorial type catalogs that offer tips and information along with products can be very valuable to the hobbyist. Start collecting those old, unused catalogs you get in the mail and you can easily sell them online.
2. Scrap fabric. This became very profitable for me when I was into sewing. Most people don’t live near a fabric shop so they need to either reuse old fabric or buy online. If you sew, it’s pretty likely that you have scrap fabric lying around your home. Collect all of these and sell them in lots to make a good profit.
3. Digital photographs. There is nothing more free than selling digital material. Many people are looking for images for their website, business and personal use. This is a great way to offer your services without spending a dime.
4. Writing eBooks. This is another great way to sell digital media. Your only cost is your ideas and images, which are both free. The best thing is that you can write on anything that people need to know. eBooks are simple to produce and in demand right now because of the increasing technology.
5. Making audiobooks. There’s a lot of free resources online that people just don’t have the time to read. A good way to offer these books is to make them available through audio. It may be a bit time consuming to read entire books but that is the advantage you have for books and materials that have not been produced in audio format. Be sure to check the copyright rules for each book to make sure you are violating author rights.