The three words make better choices are true for most people in some aspect of their lives. Life patterns, way of doing for years, aren’t easily changed but you can do it.
- Set a goal.
- Pick the life pattern of most concern.
- This is after taking inventory of you.
- Better choices can begin.
Life patterns are changed one step at a time.
- Ease into better choices.
- Each day work on your better choice.
- A new you is difficult all at once.
- Stop behavior contrary to goals.
It took years to get comfortable or tolerate a life pattern.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Don’t panic over a slip.
- Come-back stronger tomorrow.
How to tackle the life pattern, for example, of not being able to say “no?”
- I’ll have to get back to you.
- I can’t today, maybe some other time.
- We’ll discuss it later.
- When all else fails, “no.”