It’s time for something deliciously soft and cool. Try this lemon souffle for a dessert.
Serving: approx. 4
Time to ready: 45-50 minutes
Lemons – 2
Gelatin – 2 tablespoons
Eggs – 3
Sugar – ½ cup
Cherries – ¼ cup
Condensed milk – ½ tin
- Squeeze the lemons and grate the rind of one lemon finely.
- Place the juice, rind, egg yolks and sugar on a pan over a dish of hot water and beat till creamy and thick.
- Soften the gelatin in ½ cup hot water and add it to the lemon mixture along with condensed milk and beat till creamy.
- Beat the egg whites till very stiff and gently fold into the above mixture.
- Pour into a dish and allow setting in a fridge.
Cut the souffle into soft pies and serve chilled. Add more condensed milk, may be a tin, for a richer flavor. It makes a wonderful dessert for weekends!
There are no preservatives. Lemons give Vitamin C. Cherries, eggs and condensed milk give nutrition for proteins and calcium. It’s better than ice-creams bought outside.