This is a problem nobody wants to talk about; however, it happens to young and old, women and men alike.
At least one out of three of us have trouble with our bladder, Young and old alike. Leaky bladder or urinary incontinence can be a sign of bladder cancer. However, there is help.
Treatment for leaky bladder
The Loyola University study shows that a shot of Botox once a year is twice as effective as a daily medication. There are other kinds of treatment, such as horsetail tea. This tea has been used for centuries in china. (https://wwwBuddhatea.com ) and ( https://www.livingstrong.com ) Another herb, valerian has been used for hundreds of years. (https://www.Cedars-Sinaimedcenter.org )
Why to seek treatment
It is important to talk to your doctor for a number of reasons: (https://www.mayoclinic.org )
- · There can be an underlying problem
- · Cause you to restrict your activity
- · Lead you to become withdrawn
When to seek treatment
- · When you are embarrassed by urinary leakage
- · When you rush to the bathroom and do not make it
- · When your urinary stream is getting weaker
Leaky bladder is not just a problem for young or old women but it is a problem for men as well.
Bladder leakage for men
There are different kinds of bladder leakage for men: (https://wwwwebmd.com )
- · Stress incontinence:] sneezing,coughing, Laughing, or lifting something
- · Urge incontinence: this is where you have the urge to go but the bladder only releases a small amount.
- · Total incontinence: this is you are always leaking. This happens when the sphincter muscle no longer works.
All of these things put a strain on the bladder. These are things that cause leaky bladder: (https://www.mayoclinic.org )
- · If the bladder squeezes at the wrong time or too hard, urine will leak
- · If the muscles around the urethra are damaged, urine will leak
- · If your bladder does not empty as it should, urine will leak.
- · If there is a blockage in the bladder, urine will leak.
All of these should make you want to make an appointment to see your doctor, in most cases there is help that can be given.