Jumping on a trampoline is not only fun, but it provides one of the best exercises you can get. A trampoline is great by yourself or playing games with others. With common sense and a few rules, jumping on a trampoline is as safe as any other recreation or sport.
Games on a Trampoline
You can have fun on a trampoline by yourself or with friends. You can practice a few routines by yourself or play games with friends like:
- Add-on is a simple game where the first person does a trick and the next person has to do that trick and add-on another trick and so forth.
- HORSE played on a trampoline is just like the basketball game. One person will do a trick and the next person has to do the same trick or get an H.
- Adults and kids can also use the trampoline for yoga, warm-ups and kickboxing, as long as you are alone on the trampoline for the kickboxing.
- You and your friends can also get out the sleeping bags and sleep on the trampoline.
Jumping on a Trampoline is Great for Your Health
Jumping on a trampoline is great exercise. According to a NASA study, published in the Journal of Applied Physiology, jumping on a trampoline is the best and most effective exercise you can do. The study concluded that jumping on a trampoline was better for your health than jogging or running and more effective than using a treadmill by as much as 70%.
Jogging or running can be hard on your back, knees and ankles with all of that pounding, while jumping on a trampoline is much easier on your body. Jumping on a trampoline can cleanse the lymphatic system of dead cells, toxins and bacteria. Other health benefits include the following:
- Burns a lot of calories
- Strengthens the muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Increases the density of bones
- Strengthens the heart and lungs
- Strengthens the entire cardiovascular system
Common Sense and Safety Rules on a Trampoline
For my entire youth, we had a trampoline as did several other families. We had to follow all of the rules and use common sense. When younger kids are jumping on the trampoline an older person should be there. Having padded cushions that cover the springs and the frame are also a must. Some trampolines have a net around them today to prevent falling off.
Certain tricks like back flips or double flips should be against the rules on a trampoline. Tricks like those should be done at school with actual gym teachers there to watch and coach.
It is best to have a note from any child’s parent before letting them jump on a trampoline in your yard.
Jumping on a trampoline is not only fun, but also great exercise. And with all of the talk about children not getting enough exercise, a trampoline certainly combines exercise with fun.
More article from Sam Montana:
- Core Strengthening Exercises for Good Fitness
- How a Change in Diet Improved My Arthritis
- How My Health Improved When I Stopped Eating Fast Food