I have been juicing for some time now and I have to say that the more I juice, the more I enjoy it. I am constantly learning new ways to juice my vegetables so that they taste amazing and I end up getting in my daily allowance and then some.
Here are a few of my favorite juice recipes. I have a large juicing machine, which I love, and it makes juicing very quick and the clean up takes about five minutes. I don’t recommend using a blender unless it is mentioned in a recipe and only then use it as directed.
- 2 organic beets (include tops)
- 6 stalks of celery
- 1 cucumber (trim ends)
- 6 carrots (trim ends)
- 1 Habennero (stem removed)…..(I hardly notice that this is in here)
- 2 pieces of fruit (I use apples and pears, stems removed)
- a bunch of Kayle
- a large fresh nub of ginger
- a medium nub of fresh turmeric
Wash all vegetables to remove any dirt or debris and have ready to plunge. Begin with the ginger and turmeric as they are harder, then add the other ingredients mixing them up as you go until they are all juiced. Watch that your container of juice does not overflow. If you like you can strain the juice to remove the foam.
Put the remaining juice in glass jars with lids (mason jars) and keep refrigerated. I use them within three days time.
My Spinach Blend:
- Barbara’s blend
- a couple handfuls of spinach leaves
- a scoop of vegetable based protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 banana (use this if you want it creamy)
I use my magic bullet for this recipe because I prefer not to juice my spinach but to blend it. Simply layer the ingredients into the bullet and blend until smooth:
- juice blend – spinach – juice blend – protein powder – vinegar – banana
Mean Green Juice: (recipe by Joe Cross from “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead”)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 apples
- 6-8 leaves kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- Wash all produce well
- Peel the lemon, (I do this if it is not organic)
- Juice all of the ingredients beginning with the ginger
- Pour over ice if you like it chilled
I recommend that all ingredients be organic if possible. I can’t always afford organic but I always make sure that I use organic beets if nothing else. It is highly recommended by many of your popular juicing representatives that can be found on the internet.
Here are a couple of my favorite resources, I begin with their recipe and adjust it to suit my taste. All juice should be consumed fresh if possible but if not store in mason jars in the refrigerator and consume within three days.
Drew Canole on YouTube
Lou Corona on YouTube