Without question, the iPhone 5S and Galaxy S4 are the reigning royal darlings in the smartphone kingdom today. Both of these super phones are exceptional in their own right. Both have a unique design build, provide a user friendly, elegant user interface, and both command their own passionate followings in the mobile user world. In addition, both are now offered on all major US mobile carriers and have an impressive array of interesting accessories available for purchase. Finally, both of these phones are noted for their speed and lack of lag when utilizing apps and navigating within their respective interfaces.
A comparison of specs reveals that each has unique features that distinctly set them apart from each other. Here we discuss three: 1) Screen size; 2) Operating system; and 3) Battery life.
- Screen size. Small screen or large? The iPhone 5S boasts the famous 4-inch Retina Display with vivid color and clarity that is so fine that it’s hard to discern the full resolution with the naked eye. In contrast, the Galaxy S4 showcases a gargantuan screen by mobile standards-the 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display.
- Operating system. Apple fanboy or Android aficionado? The iPhone 5 runs exclusively on iOS 7, Apple’s proprietary operating system platform. iOS’s hallmark is that it’s so user friendly that even a child can use it with a minimal learning curve. The Galaxy S4 is powered by the Android OS, the darling of Google. Android is known for its easy and extensive customization ability
- Battery life. This area also offers a clear-cut difference. Testing conducted by Which? magazine revealed the Galaxy S4 to have longer battery life than the iPhone 5S by a wide margin when measuring by call minutes and Internet browsing. The iPhone 5S’s battery is nonremovable while the Galaxy S4’s is.
If you’re in the market for a cell phone right now, the two largest manufacturers, iOS and Android, offer two high-end handsets (and in the case of Android, even more than that) to choose from. The question to ask isn’t what is the best phone?; the real question is what is the best phone for me?
Tips to Use in Making Your Selection:
- Go in to one of the land stores and do a hands-on for yourself.
- Ask family and friends what they prefer and why.
- Watch YouTube video unboxings and reviews.
- Visit each of the mobile manufacturer’s websites.