Asking questions about the importance of nutrition is as if asking about the importance of oxygen. Most people in the world are aware of nutrition and the importance of nutritious food but they are seldom serious about taking a good nutritious diet every day. While a statement as simple as “nutrition is good for health” defines the importance of nutrition in our lives but we are still unaware of many other harmful effects of eating foods that don’t have proper nutrition in them. Let’s have a look at effects on the lifestyle and health of a person who doesn’t eat enough nutrition.
Effects of Not Having Proper Nutrition
- You might not have thought about it but poor nutrition results in weight gain. What you eat never feeds your appetite and you feel hungrier for more. This makes you obese and you start gaining weight even when you are doing proper exercises.
- Missing proper nutrition and proteins in your diet can make you depressed. There are certain vitamins that are extremely helpful in keeping your mind out of stress and depression. When your food lacks nutrition, you are not able to fight depression effectively.
- Obesity and weight loss are not the only problems that emerge as a result of malnutrition. One of the many problems of not having proper nutrition is tooth decay.
- It must not be forgotten here that nutrition makes every organ in your body stronger. This includes your liver and pancreas too. Not having proper nutrition can result in diabetes of type 2.
- Not having proper nutrition has been reported to have adverse effects on blood pressure levels. It is said that your blood pressure can rise when there are not enough fibers and nutrition in your food.
- Weight gain due to food lacking nutrition is only one side of the picture; weight loss is the other big problem. If your food is not rich in nutrition and you still stay hungry, you will be weak internally and externally.
- A weak immune system is the biggest problem of not taking balanced nutrition in your diet. If you are not taking proper nutrition you are increasing the chances of becoming ill. Your body will not be able to prevent and resist even the smallest illnesses.
Most of the people believe that they will become weak and thin if they are eating diet without proper nutrition. The above mentioned effects are only some of the many harmful effects of diet that lacks nutrition. Ann Moore, a Health Advisor from Nutrition UK, says “Lack of nutrition doesn’t only affect your health but the quality of your life too“. A few tips from her are below:
- To get good nutrition you should include colorful, tasty and a wide range of items in your diet.
- Don’t rely only on meat or vegetables; mix them to get the maximum benefit.
- Consume green vegetables, legumes, healthy meat, beans and lentils.
- Drink a lot of water to keep the system running.
- Don’t skip meals. Eat 3 times a day but don’t keep on chewing on snacks.
- Avoid eating too much of the foods that don’t have enough nutrition, i.e. junk food.