As a woman, I wear an average amount of makeup. My everyday makeup routine consists of concealer, bronzer or powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and lipstick. While I probably wear less than some, I still feel I wear more than most. There are days where I wish I could just roll out of bed and go out looking naturally flawless. But unfortunately, I don’t. So for the past few weeks, I’ve been trying to wear less and less and see what works and what doesn’t. I’ve narrowed it down to five tricks that makes it easier to wear less make up.
1. Moisturize. Face moisturizer is absolutely crucial. Moisturizer not only acts as a good base/primer before you apply your make up, but keeps your face looking fresh and awake. Plus, moisturizer helps keep away wrinkles and helps current wrinkles from getting worse. When my skin is having a good day, I can skip the powder and concealer and just opt for a skin-brightening moisturizer.
2. Eyebrows. Eyebrows really can define anyone’s face shape. Eyebrows should compliment face shape, and be symmetrical. It is important to have strong, well groomed eyebrows. By tweezing, waxing, filling your eyebrows, you will look fresher, younger, and more awake! Having well groomed eyebrows can make it easier to lessen up on the make up.
3. Clear Skin. Of course, having clear skin is the key to wearing less make up. Wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Choose products that work with your skin type. I personally have dry to sensitive skin, so I use gentle cleansers. In addition to that, I like to tan to clear up blemishes and even out skin tone while giving it a nice glow. Sitting outside in the sun for a few minutes every day or even going to the tanning salon will help clear up anyone’s skin.
4. Long Lashes. Everyone wants thick, long lashes. A way to achieve this look without using eyeliner or mascara is put Vaseline on your lashes every night. Also you can curl your lashes the next day before going out, which will make them look even longer and fuller.
5. White Smile. Having a clean pearly white smile can seriously improve your appearance without the use of make up. Of course, make sure to brush your teeth and regularly visit your dentist. There are also a variety of teeth whiteners on the market. Invest in one you like, and watch your smile (and your appearance) dramatically improve.