This is my recipe for vegetarian chili. This is a very easy recipe to make and it will only take you 25 minutes to prepare. You can add any kind of vegetables you wish to this recipe. This is my basic recipe I created when I decided to turn vegetarian. I usually will prepare this recipe as I have listed below but I have also added some corn and salsa to this recipe in the past and it tasted just as great. Please feel free to experiment with my recipe and add or remove any ingredients you wish too. I hope you and your family will enjoy this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of chopped white onion
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of green peppers
- 1 cup of red peppers
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- In your saucepan on medium saute your white onion, carrots and garlic with the vegetable oil until they are soft.
- Add in green pepper, red pepper, celery and chili powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn heat up to high and add in mushrooms, kidney beans and corn.
- Add oregano, dried basil and any other seasoning you many wish too.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, reduce to a medium heat.
- Cover your pot and simmer for 18 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve and enjoy.