There are days that I crave chocolate and salt at the same time and I’m sure a lot of you guys do too. I have never had this craving until I became older. I use to hate chocolate but now I can’t get enough of it, especially if it is combined with salt. In this recipe I use regular salt but you can also use sea salt if you prefer. The pretzels will also add the salty taste to it as well. I came up with this recipe to help satisfy my cravings so I’m sure it will work for sweet & salty cravings too. It was my nephews idea to add the pretzels, which I thought was a genius idea. It takes 45 minutes total time and will make 24 bars. All the adults and children in my family love this recipe. Happy eating!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped up pretzels
- 2 tablespoons of shaved chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. (Stir by hand because electric mixer would spray all the dry ingredients in your face.)
- Set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. (Add eggs one at a time and mix well before moving on.)
- Add in flour mixture. (Electric mixer is okay to use here.)
- Mix well.
- Stir in by hand the chocolate chips and chopped up pretzels.(No electric mixer, you don’t want to chop up the chips and pretzels.)
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish. (Spread evenly to be fair to everyone who will be eating this!)
- Top with shaved chocolate. (Only if you want too, it’s not necessary.)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. (Try your best not to overeat…..because you will want too!! Just saying.)