I grew up hating peppers but once I finally started liking them, my mom was so happy. She always wanted to experiment with recipes involving peppers but I refused too. Sorry mom! Now we use peppers in a lot of our recipes. This is one I invented using my all time favorite food of pasta. My mom thought I was crazy when we were experimenting one Sunday afternoon when I told her what I wanted to do. But we spent hours anyways experimenting with different spices and cheese until we got a great tasting pasta. I could eat this all day long when I make it. I hope you enjoy it too. Happy eating!
- 4 cups of pasta (any brand or kind you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 red pepper cut into a similar shape of your pasta
- 1 green pepper cut into a similar shape of your pasta
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 12 ounces of mozzarella cheese cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pepper
- Boil water on your stove top and cook your pasta to your liking.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Over medium heat, heat up the olive oil.
- Add in red bell pepper, green bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring until peppers become soft.
- Add in cooked pasta, water, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy.