If you love dark chocolate and peppermint, you will love this recipe. Its a pretty simple cookie recipe to follow. The cookie dough actually resembles more of a brownie batter, so brownie lovers will also love this recipe. You can always swap the dark chocolate and make it a peppermint white chocolate M&M cookie also. Happy Eating.
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup of dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 6 ounces of milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate M&M candies
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate peppermint M&M candies
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, dark cocoa powder, dutch processed cocoa power, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set a side.
- In a large bowl, melt 4 ounces of butter and chocolate chips in a microwave. Cook at 30 second intervals to be careful not to burn. Set a side to cool.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, combine 4 ounces of butter with the granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract to mixture.
- Change mixer speed to low and slowly add in the chocolate butter mixture.
- With the mixer still on the low speed slowly add the dry ingredients to it.
- Once you have the dark chocolate dough formed, remove from mixer and add the milk chocolate M&M, the white chocolate peppermint M&M, and the white chocolate chips mixing by hand.
- Place cookie sized ball on baking sheet and cook for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool and enjoy.