This is my recipe for peanut butter frosting. My niece wanted an all peanut butter cupcake with peanut butter frosting, so we experimented with my basic vanilla frosting recipe by adding some peanut butter to it. It got her approval as well as her brothers. Its really simple and fast to make. It will taste great on a variety of different flavor cakes and cupcakes, but especially good on anything thats either peanut butter or chocolate. This recipe will frost 24 cupcakes or 1 cake. Happy eating!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Food coloring, optional
- With a mixer on low speed, combine unsalted butter and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Beat in confectioners’ sugar and creamy peanut butter. (You could also use chunky peanut butter if you want a little crunch to your frosting, just don’t use an electric mixer when mixing.)
- Beat until it’s well blended like the texture of frosting should be.
- Use on your favorite cake or cupcake and enjoy!