I love chocolate chip cookies but I also love mint flavored cookies. So my two nieces and I brained stormed one day on how we could combine these two ideas and made a special cookie for ourselves. We came up with the idea of keeping the regular taste of the chocolate chip cookie but adding additional chocolate chips that have a mint flavor to them. We had so much fun coming up with this idea with many taste testing that I hope you enjoy this cookie like we do. Happy Eating!
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of mint flavored chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, and butter. (I stir by hand but you can also use an electric mixer if you prefer.)
- Add egg and vanilla. (Whenever making a recipe using eggs, make sure you mix the egg well before moving on with the recipe.)
- Set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and sea salt. (I like to stir this by hand because the electric mixer will sometimes scatter the dry ingredients out the bowl and make a mess.)
- Add both bowls together and mix well. (It’s a little tough to mix by hand, but its possible.)
- Hand stir in mint flavored chocolate chips and chocolate chips. (No electric mixer here or you will destroy your chocolate chips or send them flying across the room…either way it’s not good.)
- Using a spoon, place a tablespoon of cookie mixture onto your prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. (They spread when you make them so make sure you listen and spread them out or you will have one large cookie.)
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or slightly brown around the edges.
- Cool and enjoy.
I hope this recipes encourages you and your family to have a day experimenting in the kitchen. It’s a lot of fun!