If your house is as busy in the mornings as mine is, then you don’t always have enough time to have a proper breakfast that you need. You simple grab sometime fast on the run that’s not always healthy. I came up with this recipe for eggs that I make the night before so I can reheat them in the microwave and go. They will last for a few days in the refrigerator so if you plan ahead you don’t have to worry about cooking breakfast on busy mornings when they whole family is going in opposite directions. They are tasty and kids love them too. This recipe will make 12 egg muffins. Happy Eating!
- 2 sausage links (I prefer sausage, but you can use any kind of meat you wish)
- 1/4 cup of diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped up baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 10 eggs
- In a frying pan, cook sausage links until brown. Chop sausage up into small pieces. (or whichever size you want to have in a muffin size cup.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your muffin pan with a non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together chopped up sausage, red pepper and baby spinach and set aside. (You can add whatever ingredients you wish too, this is just my preference.)
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, sea salt and pepper. (Adjust salt and pepper to liking by adding or subtracting the amount I use in this recipe….again it’s all up to your own taste buds.)
- Add your egg mixture to your sausage mixture you have already set aside. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into your prepared muffin pan about 1/2 way full. (Make sure you get enough ingredients in each cup or you will have unhappy people biting into a muffin that only has egg in it.)
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or heat up in your microwave at a later time. (Remember that they will stay good for 3 days in your refrigerator if stored properly.) Enjoy!