Here’s another great recipe for all the chocolate lovers out there. It’s a chocolate malted pudding cake and its meant to be enjoyed when its still warm. But the lefts overs taste just as great, just warm up some Chocolate or fudge and drizzle on top. This recipes makes about 8 servings and is about 200 calories and only 6 grams of fat per serving. I hope you enjoy. Happy Eating!
- 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of dutch processed cocoa powder,
- 2 teaspoons of dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate malt powder
- 1/2 cup of low fat milk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of pure of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat your baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of dutch processed cocoa powder, baking powder, and the salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the chocolate malt powder with the low fat milk, egg whites, unsalted butter and vanilla extract until everything is dissolved.
- Stir into the dry ingredients, a few lump remaining in the mixture is ok.
- Pour mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar and the 2 teaspoons of baking power. Sprinkle over mixture in the the baking dish.
- Stir the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate malt powder into the 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and pour over your mixture in the baking dish.
- Cook for about 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Cool for about 30 minutes.
- If you desire, dust the top of your cake with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy.