If you are a big peanut butter and chocolate lover you are going to love this recipe for chocolate dipped peanut butter cupcakes. I wish I could eat these everyday! I always get great reviews when I make them for people. I hope you enjoy and happy eating!
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 7 ounces of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 10 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 5 cups of confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2/3 cup of smooth peanut butter
Instructions for Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes, combine vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool completely.
Instructions for Frosting:
- With an electric mixer on a medium speed, beat the cream cheese and butter when fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time.
- Continue to beat on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and continue to beat until well blended.
- Frost the top of your cupcakes with this frosting. A pastry bag may be useful but not necessary.
- Freeze frosted cupcakes for an hour.
Instructions for Chocolate Coating:
- Melt chocolate in microwave stirring after one minute intervals until smooth.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully dip each cupcake upside down in the chocolate, twisting gently.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.