This recipe is one of my favorites to make. They are filled with peanut butter and covered in chocolate with a delicious little crunch. This makes me hungry just thinking about it. It’s also so much fun that the whole family will want to participate too. It’s hard for my niece to help with this one because shes young, but she always enjoys rolling the balls out. We usually end up with different sized balls but that’s the fun in it. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and makes 24 balls.
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 4 cups of rice cereal
- 3 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the icing sugar, peanut butter and 1/3 cup of butter. (This is easier to mix by hand or it will keep getting stuck in your mixer and it’s a real pain….trust me.)
- Stir in by hand the rice cereal. (No electric mixer because you will chop up the cereal and lose that crunch taste it’s suppose to have.)
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on your prepared baking sheet. (You might want to put flour on your hands so the balls don’t stick to you…it’s really a pain when this happens so I would highly recommend using the flour.)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes. (The colder they are the better the chocolate will stick.)
- On your stove top using low heat, combine semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of butter and hot water. Stir until smooth.
- Using a fork or whichever utensil you prefer, drop a couple peanut butter balls into the chocolate mixture.
- Roll balls around to completely cover the balls with chocolate.
- Carefully place balls back on parchment paper for chocolate to harden. (This is a little messy. No it’s actually extremely messy! But it’s always fun to lick your fingers when your done!)
I know it will be hard, but please don’t lick your fingers until you are completely done with touching the dessert. No one will want to eat them after you mixed in your germs. I’m just looking our for your guests.