This is my recipe for a simple butterscotch candy. I recently got my niece hooked on butterscotch so we came up with a new recipe just for her. We started out trying to make a no bake cookie using butterscotch, but it ended up taste more like a candy than a cookie. It’s a kid friendly recipe so she can help me make it. I let her stir in all of the ingredients after I melt the chocolate. She also takes control on the size of the candy she places onto the parchment paper. I let her have fun with it and she makes many different sizes for different people. It’s fun to watch her in the kitchen. I hope you can enjoy making this recipe with your family as well. Happy eating!
- 1 package of butterscotch baking chips
- 1 1/2 cups of salted peanuts
- 3 1/2 cups of corn flakes cereal (any brand will work)
- Line your counter top with parchment paper.
- Melt your 1 package of butterscotch baking chips in your microwave. (I like to heat at 30 second intervals to make sure the chocolate does not burn. Make sure to stir after every 30 seconds.)
- Stir in your 1 1/2 cups of salted peanuts and 3 1/2 cups of corn flakes with your melted butterscotch baking chips. Make sure you hand stir and making sure the corn flakes are evenly combined with the butterscotch and peanuts.
- Take a tablespoon and drop a spoonful of your mixture onto your parchment paper. (You can make these whatever size you prefer. There’s no need to spread them out because you will not be baking these in the oven so they will not spread.
- Allow the cookies to set for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
For an added treat, I will sometimes melt some milk chocolate chips in the microwave (at 30 second intervals) and drizzle the chocolate on top. I hope you enjoy.