This is my recipe for strawberry cake. This recipe was handed down to me from you grandmother. Over the years, I have changed the recipe up a little bit. My grandmother used to place whole strawberries in the cake, but I prefer to have little chopped up pieces in my cake when I make it. Either way you make it, it tastes delicious. I hope you and your family will enjoy this cake as much as I do. Happy eating.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 pound of chopped up strawberries
- Preheat you oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your pie pan with a non stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- Mix together in a bowl, your 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of salt and set aside for later use.
- In a separate bowl, your use electric mixer on medium speed to beat together your 1 1/2 cups of sugar,and 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Beat this mixture for 4 minutes or until it is fluffy.
- Reduce your electric mixer speed to low and add in your 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- Beat this mixture for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in your flour mixture that you have set aside. Add in 1 cup at a time while mixing well between cups.
- Pour your cake batter into your already prepared pie pan.
- Bake your cake for about 50 minutes or until the cake is golden brown.
- Cool before serving and enjoy.
- Sprinkle your 1 pound of chopped up strawberries on top of your cake batter.