If you love chocolate and bananas then you need to try my cupcake recipe. They have a chocolaty taste with the right amount of a banana in it. My nephew came up with this cupcake when he was eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich at my house. We then quickly got to work in the kitchen creating his cupcake and presented it to his parents when they came and picked him up. Everyone loved it. When we make these, we like to use a peanut butter frosting, but you may use whatever frosting you prefer. This recipe will make 24 cupcakes. Happy Eating!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large mashed up bananas
- 1/3 cup of pure vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of pancake mix (make as directed from package)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- With an electric mixer on low, combine eggs, mashed bananas, pure vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract. (You can stir by hand, but it’s much easier and faster with a mixer.)
- Mix well before moving on. You want this to be smooth.
- Add pancake mix (already prepared as box directs you – every box is different so I can’t help you out on how to do this without seeing your box, sorry), unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix until smooth before moving on.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.(Like I said before peanut butter frosting is out of this world on this cupcake…so give it a try…if you want too.)