This is my recipe for a morning breakfast sandwich. I wish this recipe could be more kid friendly but it is not. My nephews did help me recreate the breakfast sandwich I would always make for them. But I could not find a way for them to help out more because most of it is done using the stove. But they did enjoy the part of mixture some of the ingredients together. Sometimes they are too sleepy to get up and make this with me in the mornings, so we cheat and have it for dinner instead. It’s still fun no matter what time of the day you make it. They are my mini chefs and it’s a great bonding opportunity for us. I hope you can bond with your family as you make these too. Happy Eating.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 soft rolls cut lengthwise
- 8 ounces of thinly sliced ham
- 8 ounces of Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour egg mixture into your frying pan and scramble eggs until thoroughly cooked.
- Divide eggs and add to one half of your rolls.
- Place ham and cheese on top of your eggs.
- Top with the top half of your roll.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in your frying pan.
- Place already made sandwich into the frying pan and for 2 minutes, flip and fry for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan, serve and enjoy.