My mom and I were brain storming yesterday thinking of recipe ideas for the fourth of July. We wanted to get a head start on this so we could come up with new ideas and have time to experiment. My mom came up with this idea when I was sitting in her kitchen eating some strawberries she picked up at a farmers market. She always has some kind of fruit in her house. This is a perfect recipe for our whole family because everyone loves strawberries. We experimented with her idea and it came out looking so adorable. This could be done with any chocolate and any color of sprinkles but we chose white chocolate and blue sprinkles to make it festive for our party. Happy eating!
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (Blue)
Exact quantities were not listing because it all depends on how many strawberries you are making. One bag of white chocolate chips should work for one container of strawberries.
- First you want to make sure you wash your strawberries and make sure they are dry before continuing with this recipe.
- Place the sprinkles in dish and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your white chocolate chips. I set the microwave for 30 second intervals, stir the chocolate and repeat. I keep repeating until the chocolate is completely melted. This is a safe way to do this to make sure the chocolate does not burn.
- Then take your strawberries, one at a time, and dip them into the melted white chocolate. Cover 2/3 of the strawberry so you leave some of the red strawberry showing.
- Then directly dip the lower portion of the strawberry into the blue sprinkles. Cover 1/3 of the strawberry in sprinkles.
- Place the strawberry on parchment paper for the chocolate to set and cool.
- Repeat with the rest of your strawberries.
- Make sure to refrigerate your strawberries until your party.
When you are completed with this, each strawberry should have a red section (your actual strawberry), a white section (the white chocolate), and a blue section (the blue sprinkles) showing.