Today, heart disease is very common. We all know that regular exercise is good for our health, but exercise alone can’t keep our heart healthy properly. To make our heart healthier, we have to create an appropriate heart-healthy diet plan, which can reduce our risk of heart disease by 80%.
- A study among 1500 people in Japan has shown that gum problems are responsible for various heart diseases. The research also showed that most of the people who consume yogurt or any antioxidant-rich foods have fewer gum problems. Antioxidants help our body to prevent the growth of some bacteria which causes gum problems. Raisins are very rich in antioxidants. So always try to add any antioxidant-rich food in your daily diet, which will keep your heart and gums healthy.
- In various studies it has been proven that a diet with fiber-rich foods is effective for preventing various diseases of heart. Fiber helps our body to covert cholesterol into bile acid, which ultimately reduces 40% risk of heart diseases. Always try to take soluble fiber rich foods. Regular consumption of ½ to 1 cup of cooked beans is really helpful to prevent your heart diseases. Barley, oatmeal, beans and citrus fruits are good sources of soluble fiber.
- Fatty acids are effective for preventing irregular heartbeats. Omega-3 is the most effective fatty acid. Salmon and Tuna are the best source of omega-3 fatty acid. Flax-seeds oil, canola-oil and walnuts are also good sources of this kind of fatty acid. That is why one person should consume 2 to 4 salmon or tuna fish per week, which can reduce 30% chances of heart diseases.
- Some specific nuts, like almonds, walnuts, pine-nuts, hazelnuts, are very rich in monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals, which are really effective to reduce lots of heart problems. These nuts don’t have saturated fats. That is why nuts also don’t cause weight gain.
- Dark chocolate has a blood thinning effect which is required to keep your blood vessels clear and active. So consumption of a moderate amount of dark chocolate every week is good for heart and immune system.
- A compound named lycopene has a reaction with vitamins, which ultimately helps us to keep our heart healthy. Tomato is the best source of lycopane, it also has fibers, potassium, vitamin C and A. So tomatoes are good for a heart healthy diet. In case of cooked tomatoes the amount of vitamin C becomes so less that the effect of lycopane becomes stronger.
- In a recent survey it was proven that bilberries, strawberries and blueberries increase the quantity of nitric oxide in our body. Nitric oxide reduces high blood-pressure and makes the blood vessels relaxed.
- Potassium is really effective to maintain the general functions of our heart. To keep our heart more healthy it is good to consume one banana daily, because bananas are great source of potassium. It also helps to maintain the balance of water of our body.
Along with a proper diet plan, it is also important to keep your body active. So every day, do exercise for 40 to 60 minutes. In this way we can easily keep our heart healthy.