Do you have cracked ugly and yellow toenails? Are you embarrassed of wearing sandals or open toed shoes because people will notice your ugly toenails? Toenail fungus is a problem that’s highly common in a large number of people. It doesn’t go away for months or even years in some case. There are some drugs and medications that can be used on bad toenail fungus, but there are side effects associated with them and they also come with a hefty price tag. However, there are also some home remedies that can be used by people for dealing with toenail fungus. Even though these remedies take time to be effective, they are safe for everyone.
Those suffering from a bad case of toenail fungus can follow these steps to get rid of it:
- There are three ingredients that will be needed by individuals for making a home remedy. They need ¼ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and an airtight plastic bottle.
- Use the bottle for mixing the hydrogen peroxide and the apple cider vinegar together. They simply have to be poured into the bottle. Now people should shake the bottle thoroughly after putting the lid on tightly for mixing the liquids together properly.
- Hands should be washed properly and thoroughly. Fingernails should be cleaned and scrubbed completely with the help of a fingernail brush. The fungal infection will not go away if there is debris under the fingernails and it will simply exacerbate the problem.
- Therefore, it is essential to clean under the fingernails and it should be done with care. People should attempt to remove as much toenail fungal debris as possible. This debris will be in the form of powder, even though it will look a bit crumbly. People should perform this delicate process cautiously as they don’t want to push too hard that it breaks the skin and causes a wound.
- A few drops of peroxide and cider solution that was prepared above should be squirted under the nail with the help of an eyedropper. Individuals should be prepared because this might sting a little bit.
- This regimen should be used for treating the toenail fungus for about a month until it has vanished completely from the fingernails. While it is not necessary for people to scrape on a daily basis, they need to ensure that their fingernails stay clean and there is no fungal debris in the area. As individuals get rid of the fungus, they will be able to see the infected area of their nail grow out. The equipment that’s being used for cleaning should be sterilized daily with the help of bleach as this will prevent any possibility of reinfection in the fingernails because of the fungus that was removed before.
People should immediately follow these steps to get rid of bad toenail fungus or they might end up losing their toenail. This is a safer alternative as compared to medications that lead to liver problems and other damages in the body.