If you are wearing a turquoise dress for prom, I can already tell you that you are going to be stunning! Turquoise is one of those colors that looks great on everyone. It has the ability to make every skin tone glowing and radiant.
I have a few makeup tips for you to try with your new dress. To pull these tips off, you do not have to be a makeup pro. These tips are super simple and doable. For this look, we are going to try wearing a ruby lip with pale gold and turquoise eye makeup.
- 1. Take a sponge tip applicator (those little brushes that come in eye shadow palettes) or an angled eye shadow brush and apply a silver or pale gold eye shadow in your inner crease. Make sure the color covers nearly half of your top lid. Go as bold or as sheer as you like. Either way will create a beautifully, glam look.
- 2. Now apply your turquoise eye shadow on the remainder of the top lid. Make sure the color is very visible. No sheer application needed for this part. We are going super glam!
- 3. To add more drama, take a navy eye shadow and apply a thin line of color right above the silver and turquoise shadow. This navy color should be lightly applied and blended so well that people won’t really notice it unless they come close to you. Take this same navy shadow and line your bottom line with it. This makes the lids look more dramatic.
- 4. Next, add a sheer, pale gold eye shadow (it could be the same one you used earlier) and apply it beneath the brows and blend well. The key is to make sure it goes on sheer. We don’t want too much shimmer on your face. Keep everything in moderation for a balanced look.
- 5. Before applying mascara, you can take a brown or black pencil liner and darken your lash line so your lashes will look fuller. It’s optional, but it’s what I did in the photos to make my lashes look more dramatic. Afterwards, layer on three coats of mascara on your top lashes. Skip the bottom lashes so the navy liner can have the spotlight.
- 6. Last but not least, go ruby on your lips! Gloss them up or wear a matte ruby-either one looks great. But if your skin is super light or pale, adding a touch of bronzer on your face and cheeks can keep you from looking too colorful and “rainbow-like”.
There you have it! I fun look to try with a turquoise dress. Hope you try it and I hope you enjoy your magical night at the prom!