Is your bookmark list so long that you can no longer find the bookmarks you need? Then you may need to start deleting the ones that you don’t use. You don’t want to save thousands of bookmarks if you never use them.
7 Steps to Deleting Your Bookmarks
The following 7 Steps will show you how to delete your bookmarks; so that you can find the ones you want -much faster.
- 1. Click the Firefox button
- 2. Now Go to the right column
- 3. Click the Bookmarks Arrow. A library window for bookmarks will now appear.
- 4. Go to the left column.
- 5. Click the Bookmarks Menu.
- 6. Click the rectangle box in the top right hand corner. It’s the second icon to the right at the top of the right hand corner; this will help you enlarge your screen to the maximum.
- 7. Now Search your bookmarks and delete all the unused ones
The Instant Hot Key Method
- Click Ctrl+Shift+b
- Go to the left column
- Click the Bookmarks Menu
3 Strategies to Keep Organized
If you have tons of bookmarks, then you’re going to have to use a few strategies to reduce the clutter. Here are three effective ones, I use on a regular basis:
- Delete duplicate bookmarks
- Create folders to organize your bookmarks
- Delete old bookmarks that you no longer have an interest in
Delete Duplicate Bookmarks
Go ahead and delete duplicate bookmarks; if you have a bookmark to one site, don’t keep a duplicate that basically gets you into the same general website.
Create Folders for Related Bookmark Categories
To help you organize multiple bookmark categories you will create folders under your Bookmarks Menu Arrow; this will enable you to store large bulks of related bookmarks. Some suggestions are to create various folders related to your different interests; some examples are: Health, Shopping, Music, Movies, and Hobbies.
Delete Outdated Bookmarks
Delete old bookmarks that have no more relevance to you. There’s no use hauling around thousands of bookmarks from five years ago; keep your Bookmarks Menu neat and tidy by deleting the outdated bookmarks.