Graphic text, or word art, can make websites, videos, posters and other media more attractive and engaging. Free Web-based tools enable you to create 3D or other stylized text images you can download and insert wherever you need them. Other online tools allow you to create word clouds from multiple words relating to your topic. Word clouds can be in random arrangements or with your words filling in a specified shape.
3D and Stylized Text
1. Choose a free online tool that will stylize your word art as you desire. FreeTeacherFiles.com offers the free Xara 3D Maker (link in Resources). You can also try the free Graffiti Creator, Cool Text Graphics Generator, or other online tools available by searching the Internet. For this tutorial, we’ll use the Cool Text Graphics Generator.
2. Select your style.
3. Enter the text you want to stylize in the available box, and then choose your formatting options, as desired. Depending upon the tool, you may be able to change the font face, size and color along with shadow, bevel, rotation or alignment.
4. Click the creation button (in Cool Text Graphics Generator, this is the “Create Logo” button) to create your word art. If you’re not happy with your graphic, change settings and options as desired and regenerate.
5. Download your image, if applicable, by clicking the appropriate download button or by right-clicking the image and choosing to save it to your computer.
1. Write down a list of words about your topic that you would like to include in your word cloud. You may also use a sentence or paragraph of text related to your topic. Some tools will browse your blog or website to develop your list of words.
2. Choose a free online tool. This tutorial uses Wordificator, whose link you can find along with other free word cloud tools in the Resources section. You can find other free online tools by searching the Internet. Wordificator creates word clouds in a specified shape.
3. Choose the shape of your text, if applicable. On Wordificator, click the “select” tab to view additional shape options or “upload” to add a custom shape image. For example, if you have a headshot of a person, you can upload that image and fill the person’s silhouette with words that describe them. You can also fill in logo shapes.
4. Choose the text color and other formatting options, as desired.
5. Enter your words, sentence or paragraph in the box. Some online tools will give larger-text treatment to words entered in the box multiple times or at the top of the list. Other tools, use all words at random.
6. Click the creation button (in Wordification, this is the “Wordificate now” button) to create your word cloud. If you don’t like the arrangement of the generated image, you may be able to click the button again for a new layout. You can also try adding additional instances of a word in your list box to change the layout.
7. Download your image, if applicable, by clicking the appropriate download button or by right-clicking the image and choosing to save it to your computer.
Sugar Sugar House: Creating Free Personalized Word Art
TeacherFiles.com: Free Online Word Art Generator
Cool Text Graphic Generator