Many of us know the importance of preparing for a big event but what, if the event happens to be the end of the world. This is the case of many of people. They are known as “doomsday preppers”.
Their way of life may not be as far-fetched as some of us believe. The world is chaotic, filled with floods, famine, terrorism and much more. The freighting possibilities are endless. Although, you don’t want to live your life as, if the sky may be falling at any given moment. It may not be a bad idea to be prepared for such a catastrophic event.
So, how might one go about preparing for such an event? Let’s take a look at some simple things you can do to be ahead of the game.
1. Ensure your family has an escape route– Many first responders and emergency workers will tell you, it is always smart to make an escape route. The route needs to be the fastest most effective way to get your family to safety. Make sure all family members are aware of the plan and that you hold many practice drills.
2. Stock up on food and water– As you know, you cannot survive without food and water. There are companies that offer “readymade food”, that are especially designed for such events. www.readymaderesources.com offer many packages to fit any needs. The shelve live for these “readymade foods” is up to 30 years.
3. Have a “bug out” bag– A “bug out” bag is a bag that is full of basic necessities that are critical for survival. Some of these item may include: food, water, clothing and anything that is important to you.
4. Have a safe house– whether it is above ground or underground it is important to have a shelter that you can run to if the going gets rough.
5. Remain calm– it is important to stay alert in a time of crisis. Although, it may be hard to maintain your composer it may mean the difference between life and death.
By learning what works best for you and your family, you can rest assured that you will be prepared. You may not be able to avoid the unexpected but, at least you can take steps to work through the issue when it may arise.