Fire up the grills, it is springtime! And here in South Florida, it all ready feels like summer. It was a long tough winter and blooming flowers and warm temperatures are very welcome. Summer means beach time, the top on the convertible down, staying up late, picnics, and grilling, lots of grilling.
I have lots of grill ideas that I will be giving you. But today, I want to focus on the All-American hot dog. I want you to step out of your relish and mustard box, and get ready to excite your taste buds. Consider the different toppings and “bun” ideas I have.
- Diced peaches or apricots with Vidalia onions; the combination is an unexpected delight
- Baked beans and Dijon mustard on top of your dog
- Ranch dressing with chopped cilantro
- Blue cheese crumbles and mayonnaise
- Jalapenos and roasted peppers
- Collards and black eyed peas
- Maple syrup and mustard blend
- Diced ham and cream cheese
- Rye bread
- A pita
- Flat bread
- Wrapped spinach
- Crescent rolls
The options for your hot dogs are endless. And please note that there is nothing wrong with the traditional mode of garnishing your hot dog. But I guess the question is, what is the traditional way to prepare and present your hot dog. I think I will leave the decision to you. Whatever you decide, enjoy your grilled hot dogs!