It’s only a few short weeks away, if you have not begun your crafts for the holidays’ yet, there is still time. I have included a few of our favorite crafts to do with our preschooler for Easter. Maybe, you will enjoy them as much as we do. We do a Bunny Napkin Ring, A Bunny Silverware Cup, and for the little one’s a special Bunny Ears Drinking Cup.
Bunny Napkin Rings
- 4 Toilet Paper Rolls
- White Paint
- Small Paint brush or sponge
- 12 pink pom poms (fuzzy balls)
- 6 Pink Pipe Cleaners
- Clean any left-over paper off the rolls and using a dry wash cloth, run down the tubes.
- Using sponge or brush, paint entire tube white
- Once dry, cut each tube into three equal pieces
- Take Pipe Cleaner and cut in half and then in half again
- Glue two Pink Pipe cleaners (whiskers) on side of the white tube.
- In the center where the pipe cleaners meet, glue your pink pom pom (nose) on.
- Insert napkin and you are ready for company.
Using leftover cans from vegetables, gravy or what not, you can create nice little holders for the silverware. Be sure to really clean out the can as well as to ensure that the edges are rounded in well from the can opener.
- 3 cans
- 3 pieces of white construction paper
- Pink Crayon, black crayon
- Cut each piece of paper to wrap around can
- With extra paper, draw out ears and cut them out
- Coloring with Pink crayon and slide them at the top between the can and paper.
- Tape them in place.
- Use the black crayon to draw on whiskers and eyes
- Use the pink crayon to add a nose
Bunny Ears Drinking Cup
We typically buy throw away cups with tight fitting lids such as the coffee cups by Dixie.
- 4 cups with lids
- White construction paper
- Pink construction Paper
- 2 Pink straws for each cup
- Black Crayon
- Cut Pink construction paper into thin strips 3-4in long
- Cut Construction paper to fit around cup
- Tape down seam and tape bottom of paper and tuck tape under cup
- Tape a few whiskers to each cup
- Allow kids to draw on their own faces before supper
- With a sharp knife, poke two holes in lid, one on each side of lid (top)
- Insert Pink Ear Straws into lid.
Allowing kids to join in the fun of decorating for Easter makes this a fun and special family time. Never worry so much about perfection that you forget the reasons for family and togetherness.