A lot of people think wrap and think bread. This is not the case with these Asian chicken wraps as no bread is needed in this recipe. That means it is already saving you calories by substituting the bread with lettuce wraps. Here is a recipe to make you feel like the whole family will not be missing those extra carbohydrates with a great rendition of Asian chicken wraps.
Required ingredients to serve 4 people:
– 1 lb. chicken breast (cooked)
– 1 cup cooked brown rice
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 1 cup of red peppers diced
– 2 tbsp. Sesame oil
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 1 head iceberg lettuce (washed cut in half)
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 2 tbsp. lime juice
– 1 tsp. lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. sesame oil
– 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
– 1 tsp. sliced ginger
– 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
– 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In a bowl mix cooked chicken, brown rice, carrots, bell peppers, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until mixed evenly. Next, in another bowl mix together the dipping sauce with butter, lime juice, lemon juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger until full mixed. Next take the iceberg lettuce that has been washed, cut in half, and dried off and remove one lettuce leaf at a time. Take chicken mixture and scoop desired amount into lettuce leaf and gently wrap together. Continue process until all chicken mixture is used. Take dipping sauce and serve together for meal.
1. When cooking chicken breast be sure to use a low fat or nonfat cooking spray to lower calories.
2. In recipe it is suggested to use real butter however almond butter is an alternative option.
3. If desired adding more than the recommended carrots and red peppers is a healthy option instead of adding more rice.
4. Make sure to choose a large head of iceberg lettuce when picking it out. Also, romaine lettuce leafs work well in this recipe as well.
5. Adding a few Asian crunchy noodles to each lettuce wrap on top will satisfy the carbohydrate factor if you need it. However, make sure not to overdo it.