Your children are at home. How do you want to keep your children happy during their summer vacations? Don’t spoil their health by feeding them with noodles and other fast foods. What if you get healthy noodles that do not have artificial flavors and spices! And you don’t have to cook them. Just eat the hard-noodles, the home oil and ingredients make the children’s teeth stronger. Store home-made noodles and let them eat that are healthy too. Your children can play with them by breaking spirals into different shapes while enjoying the taste.
Black gram skinned or urad dal dhuli (in Indian store) – 1 cup
Raw uncooked white rice – 2 cups
Cumin seeds or jeera – 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cooking Oil – for deep fry
Salt to taste
- 1. Fry skinned black gram/ urad dal till light brown.
- 2. Grind rice and skinned black gram into a fine powder.
- 3. Heat oil enough for deep fry in a frying pan.
- 4. Mix 4 table spoons of oil into the above powder, add salt, cumin seeds and sesame seeds, add water to make the powder into thick dough.
- 5. Take small quantities of dough into an icing cone and make small noodle like spiral rolls into the frying pan.
- 6. Fry till light brown and take out the fried spirals.
Let them cool in an open plate or vessel.
Store the spirals in air-tight boxes. They can be stored for 20 days and relished by your children.